Print Friendly Recipe
- Blend of herbs to use instead of salt for dieting or to add robust flavoring to recipes and your family's meals.
Serves/Makes:1/2 cup approx.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). celery seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). onion flakes
- 2-1/2 tsps. cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 tsps. garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tsps. powdered orange rind
- 1-1/2 tsps. arrowroot
- 1-1/2 tsps. sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). white pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dill weed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). powdered lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients in blender or coffee grinder; blend 10 seconds or until mixture is a fine powder.
- Store in a screw-top jar with a shaker lid insert.
- *Use in salt shaker instead of salt.
- Store in a dark dry area of your kitchen.
- Rubs of dry herbs and spices are an easy, low-calorie way to add flavor to your foods. You can prepare them in advance and store them for up to four months.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.