- 16 oz (448 grm). jar fresh oysters with liquor
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 6 strips bacon, fried crisp & crumbled
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 14 saltines, coarsely crushed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease shallow 1 1/2 qt. baking dish
- Cut oysters to bite size.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Layer with:
- Bacon, cheese, cream, crackers and dot with margarine.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until edges of oysters begin to curl.
- Provided to us by sister Peggy originally, but
returned by us from our notes after her house
burned in the Oakland Hills fire in 1991.