- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tuna, drained (canned Salmon works well also)
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese or neufchatel
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice (optional--makes spread very tart)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) creamy horseradish
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated onion
- 1 to 2 tsp (10 ml) liquid smoke
- Mix together, refrigerate.
- Form into a log and cover with chopped pecans and parsley.
- Serve with crackers.
- I could never figure out why when I made this recipe it never turned out like
when my friend made it which i dearly loved. After all these years, she finally told me
her kids like it better without the lemon--so do I! This is an inexpensive and good substitute for
smoked salmon spread. Most people are surprised it is tuna.