- 4 cups (950 ml) self-rising flour
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- Mix first three ingredients together well in large bowl.
- Add eggs then milk while stirring.
- Turn out on well floured board.
- Knead til smooth and roll out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Fold dough in half and cut out scones with cup or biscuit cutter.
- Bake at 400 for about 12 minutes.
- Serve with butter and jam and cheese.
- J.B's daughter has a special jar of flour at our
house, so she can make us these scones Sunday
morning when she spends the night with our
daughter. J.B. learned to make these in South
Africa, his native country.