- 8 or more chicken legs and/or thighs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). mushrooms, slice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt (optional)
- dash pepper
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) Minute Rice
- Brown chicken in butter in skillet.
- Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add soup, water, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Return chicken to pan, cover.
- Simmer until most of liquid is absorbed. (May simmer in 350 oven 30 to 45 min.)
- Originally from The Cooks in the Parlour - a
cookbook put out by Campbell's Soup and Minute