Cream Meringue with Berries
- 1/2 pack cream crackers
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup (225 ml) white sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- grated chocolate
- fresh strawberries
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Break crackers into small pieces and set aside.
- Beat egg whites while adding sugar until thick (meringue)
- Add vanilla and stir in crackers.
- Sprinkle baking powder over and fold in.
- Spoon into greased baking dish - don't smooth.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes. Cool.
- May be made the day before.
- Beat Cream and dollop onto meringue.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Dot with whole strawberries (including tops)
- From a South African friend, now in Denver, who
brought this dessert to several dinner parties
(different houses, same people), always to rave
reviews. We think of this as a wonderful