- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can Snappy Tom (spicy tomato juice)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). beef chunks (stew, round, etc.)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) mushrooms (whole or sliced)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- cooked rice or noodles
- Brown beef and onion.
- Add soup, Snappy Tom, and wine.
- Heat slowly.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add sour cream last.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- This was invented in the dorms at Cal Poly Pomona. Apologies to
those 'down under', where Snappy Tom is a cat food. In the U.S., it's
a spicy tomato juice.