Serves/Makes:4 or more
- round steak
- bacon, 1 slice per 2 birds
- onion, halved, then sliced thin
- dill pickle, quartered lengthwise
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- cooked noodles, rice or potatoes
- Cut fat off of round steak.
- Cut into approx. 2" x 4" strips and tenderize with meat mallot (to make large and thin).
- Top each piece of steak with 1/2 slice bacon, 1 piece of onion and 1 piece of dill pickle (each 2 to 3" long).
- Roll up steak and fasten roll with toothpick.
- Roll in flour.
- Brown on stove in minimal amount of oil.
- Pour in water, cover and cook on stove until done.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Serve with noodles, rice or potatos.