- 4 french bread slices (any crusty bread will do)
- 1 garlic clove, whole
- 2 fresh tomatos, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- In a bowl, mix the tomatos, crushed garlic, and basil. Add a small amount of olive oil for flavor, and a little salt if you like.
- Toast the bread, then rub the garlic clove on the toasted surface. Spoon on the tomato mixture about 1/4" thick, and serve.
- The rise in Italian cuisine in recent years has
brought bruschetta to many menus. After sampling
enough, I started to make this for lunch or snack