- La Tour d'Argent, Houston, Texas
- 1 lb (.5 kg) fresh asparagus
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken stock
- 2 tsp (10 ml) margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced onions
- 2 tsp (10 ml) diced celery
- 2 tsp (10 ml) flour
- salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste
- Cook asparagus in water until very soft.
- Blend asparagus until pureed.
- Saute onions in 2 tsp (10 ml) margarine, using a medium-sized pot.
- Add celery, cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle on about 2 tsp (10 ml) flour.
- Add hot chicken stock and pureed asparagus.
- Add cream, boil for 5 minutes on slow heat.
- Adjust seasoning and strain.
- Serve immediately.