Breast of Chicken with Mustard Sauce
- La Tour d'Argent, Houston, Texas
- 8 breasts of chicken, skinless, boneless, medium size
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whipping cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml) shallots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) clarified margarine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooked rice
- Heat margarine in medium skillet.
- Season chicken and dust with flour. Cook in margarine until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove some of the grease from the skillet.
- Add shallots and mushrooms and flame them with white wine.
- Add chicken stock and mustard.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, then remove chicken and place on plates.
- Add cream to sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning, then pour over chicken.
- Serve with rice and multi-colored vegetables, such as snow peas and yellow squash.