Roast Duck with Orange Sauce
- La Tour d'Argent, Houston, Texas
- 1 medium-sized whole duck
- 1 diced apple
- 1 diced orange
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) rosemary
- 1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Grand Marnier
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season duck inside and out with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Glaze duck with olive oil.
- Stuff duck with all the apple, orange, and onion.
- Bake approximately 3 1/2 hours at 275 degrees (125 C.). Turn duck every 30 minutes and glaze with juices dropped into pan.
- Cool duck, remove stuffing, and debone gently.
- Place bones and stuffing in a medium pot with 2 cups (475 ml) of water. Boil for 45 minutes. Strain, and adjust seasoning, and add Grand Marnier.
- Serve duck with sauce, wild rice, and vegetables.