- La Tour d'Argent, Houston, Texas
- 1 lb (.5 kg) veal
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mushrooms
- 2 tsp (10 ml) finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) demi-glaze
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whipping cream
- 3 tsp (15 ml) Armagnac
- clarified margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut veal into 8 slices and flatten with a smooth hammer.
- Heat margarine in skillet over medium heat.
- Dust veal with flour, and saute until light brown.
- Add shallots and mushrooms and stir a minute, until the shallots are cooked and the mushrooms soft.
- Add Armagnac. Let cook for a minute or two.
- Add demi-glaze and cream and remove the veal, setting it on plates.
- Let the sauce simmer for 2 minutes, then pour on the veal.
- Serve with rice and vegetables.