- Ray's Boathouse, Seattle, Washington
- 1 Black Cod (large enough for 6 oz (168 grm). to 8 oz (224 grm). per person)
- 16 oz (448 grm). Kasu Paste (found in Oriental specialty stores)
- 5 oz (140 grm). sugar
- 17 oz (476 grm). water
- fresh ginger, sliced
- Cream Kasu and sugar until very soft.
- Add water slowly to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Leave skin on Black Cod and cover evenly with salt.
- Let sit overnight for 24 hours.
- Wash salt off Black Cod and portion the fish.
- Completely cover the fish with kasu paste and let marinate for 24 hours.
- Grill over a very hot flame and top with fresh ginger slices.