Copper River King Salmon with Berry-Ginger Salsa
- Ray's Boathouse, Seattle, Washington
- 8 King Salmon fillets (about 8 oz (224 grm) each)
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups (950 ml) fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp (10 ml). minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp (5 ml). minced garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). brown sugar
- 1 minced red pepper
- 1 oz (28 grm). fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) minced fresh mint
- Using a food processor, puree 2 cups (475 ml) of the fresh berries.
- Add whole berries and pureed berries into a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the salsa ingredients and mix well.
- Brush fillets lightly with oil.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Position on broiling pan, and place 4 to 5 inches from heat.
- Broil approximately 11 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Serve with blueberry salsa.