- Ray's Boathouse, Seattle, Washington
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) diced red peppers
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) diced shallots
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sherry
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Dungeness crab meat (break up larger pieces)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cream
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- dash Tabasco
- pinch celery salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- pinch ground white pepper
- pinch salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fine bread crumbs
- Mix red pepper and shallots together.
- Mix together all other ingredients, except crab and bread crumbs, thoroughly.
- Add peppers and shallots to mix by hand.
- Add crab and mix.
- Form into patties (about 2 oz (56 grm) each).
- Pat bread crumbs onto crab cakes.
- Store between wax paper sheets until ready to cook.
- Pan-saute in melted butter until brown on both sides.