Grilled Breast of Chicken with Dijon Mustard
- Le Chardonnay, Los Angeles, California
- 8 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless (about 6 oz (168 grm) each)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dijon mustard
- Herb Broth:
- 5 shallots, coursly chopped
- 5 medium mushrooms, quartered
- 5 sprigs each rosemary and thyme, tied together
- 1 cup (225 ml) dry white wine
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sweet butter
- mashed potatoes
- cooked buttered spinach
- In heavy sauce pan heat 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter.
- Add shallots, mushrooms, and cracked pepper, and saute until medium brown in color.
- Deglaze by adding 1 cup (225 ml) white wine. Also add herb bouquet.
- Reduce liquid by 1/2 over moderate heat, then add 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock.
- Simmer slowly over low heat, skimming often to remove accumlated fat. Reduce volume by 1/3, then remove from heat and stain.
- Season with salt if needed.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Cook in pre-heated charbroiler until scored and almost cooked through. Keep warm.
- Before serving, brush each breast with dijon mustard and put under broiler for another few minutes.
- For each serving, place mashed potatoes and buttered spinach on plate. Place chicken breast and herb broth around plate and serve immediately.