Mushroom Salad with Parsley and Chives
- Le Chardonnay, Los Angeles, California
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped chives
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 6 oz (168 grm) red wine vinegar
- 25 oz (700 grm) peanut oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) hot dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) ground white pepper
- Cut stem off each mushroom.
- Wash very quickly in cold water and dry.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Add some vinaigrette and herbs and serve immediately.
- Combine vinegar, salt, shallots, and mustard.
- Add oil, little by little, then add pepper until well mixed.
- Keep vinaigrette in bottle, shake before using.