- Rover's Restaurant, Seattle, Washington
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced and poached pear
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Pear Liquor
- 6 eggs
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) heavy cream
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- Poach pears in water, pear liquor, and sugar about 10 minutes
- When cooked, cool and dice.
- Scrape seeds from the vanilla bean. Mix with beaten eggs, sugar, and flour.
- Add cream and mild. Mix well.
- Strain and let batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Butter baking dishes with soft unsalted butter, and then coat with sugar.
- Place fruit in bottom of dish and pour batter over fruit.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 25 minutes. Can be served warm or cooled.