- EDH Munch Bunch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) chicken
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) rice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg) ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) saffron
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg) smoked sausage
- 12 clams
- 12 mussels
- 1 lb (.5 kg) clean raw shrimp
- 1 pkg frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 pkg frozen peas
- 2 oz (56 grm) sliced pimento, drained
- 1 lb (.5 kg) asparagus, stems removed
- Brown chicken in hot oil.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Cook garlic and onion in oil until tender.
- Drain excess fat.
- Stir in water, rice, salt, pepper, tomatoes, mushroooms, bouillon, saffron, bay leaf, red pepper, and sausage.
- Add in chicken.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam clams and mussels until open. Drain and discard any unopened shells.
- Add artichoke hearts, peas, clams, mussels, and shrimp.
- Cover and heat 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Garnish with pimento and asparagus tips.
- This recipe is great for a large gathering.
Everyone brings something for the stew, and then
it gets put together while drinking good
Cabernet and conversing in the kitchen.