Ray's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Ray's Boathouse, Seattle, Washington
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) white flour
- 2 onions, medium diced
- 2 red peppers, medium diced
- 2 green peppers, medium diced
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) corn kernels (fresh off the cob or uncooked frozen)
- 10 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 gallon (3.8 ltr) milk
- 1 lb (.5 kg) crab meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) thyme
- chopped chives for garnish
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Saute the onions until soft.
- Add peppers, then add the flour to make a roux.
- Add milk, thyme, corn, and potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the potatoes are soft, then add crab meat.
- Garnish each serving with chives.
- This one comes from Executive Chef Charles