- Pen & Pencil, New York, New York
- 8 egg yolks
- 5 cups (1175 ml) heavy cream
- 7 oz (196 grm) baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vanilla
- Put cream, vanilla, and chocolate into a sauce pan. Boil for exactly 1 minute.
- Put well-beaten egg yolks and cream mixture into a double boiler bowl over simmering water. Stir constantly with a whisk for 5 minutes or until custard coats a spoon.
- Put into greased custard dish and refrigerate until hard. Cover with 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar and heat under a broiler until the sugar has carmelized. Chill.
- When ready to serve, heat the ceramic dish on stove top for exactly 1 minute.