- Pen & Pencil, New York, New York
- 1 elephant
- Brown gravy
- 2 rabbits (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut elephant into small bite-sized pieces. This should take about 2 months.
- Add brown gravy and salt and pepper; cover; simmer over kerosene fire for about 4 weeks at 465 degrees (250 C.).
- This will server about 3800 people. If more are expected, two rabbits may be added, but do this only if necessary, as most people do not like to find hare in their stew.
- When John Bruno, of Pen & Pencil, gave us this
recipe, we about died. If anyone makes this, let
us know how it is.