- Pen & Pencil, New York, New York
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg) Blue Claw Lumb Crabmeat, chopped medium fine
- 10 oz (280 grm) red pepper, chopped medium fine
- 10 oz (280 grm) spanish onion, chopped medium fine
- 1 qt heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) crushed red pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped parsley
- 10 oz (280 grm) fine breadcrumbs
- 2 oz (56 grm) mixed salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and paprika
- Saute the onions and red pepper in olive oil only until slightly soft, then drain.
- Reduce 1 quart (950 ml) of heavy cream by 1/4. Beat egg whites till stiff and add to the cream.
- Add chili powder and crushed red pepper to cream.
- Add cream mixture to crabmeat and mix well by hand. Add sauteed onions and peppers, parsley, breadcrumbs, and mixed spices, and mix again by hand.
- Form into cakes 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Put on a buttered pad and broil about 1 minute on each side, or until slightly browned.