Serves/Makes:2 loaf halves
- 1 loaf French Bread, cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Mayonnaise
- 1 cup (225 ml) Parmesean Cheese, finely grated
- Garlic to taste (1 tbsp (15 ml) works for me)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dill
- Any other green herbs you want to add
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix all ingredients (except for bread) in bowl.
- Grease a cookie sheet, and lay your French Bread on the sheet.
- Spread the mixture onto your bread ("press" the mixture into the bread). Be conservative.
- Place into oven.
- Watching it carefully (5-10) minutes, take bread out when topping starting to "bubble" and edges brown.
- Spread the mixture again, breaking the cooked surface of spread.
- Enjoy! (You can use other cheeses if you want, parmesean is the norm...)