- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) grated cheese (I like mozzarella or havarti)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sliced onion
- 8 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spray the bottom and the sides of an 8 by 8 by 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half the cheese and all the onion over the bottom.
- Make 8 slight impressions in the cheese/onion layer.
- Break the eggs, one by one, over each their "nests".
- Pour the half-and-half over the eggs and then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the dish until the eggs are set - about 20-25 minutes (may take 30 minutes).
- Serve hot.