Grilled Portebello Mushrooms
- Fred Crittela Chef/Owner Crittela's Ristorante'
- 2 cleaned and stemmed portebello mushrooms
- 2 oz (56 grm) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz (28 grm) gorgonzola cheese (preferably imported)
- 4 oz (112 grm) heavy cream
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- A few pieces of dry roasted walnuts
- Brush on oil, completely cover, let excess oil drip off
- Either grill or pan fry to sear at high heat, then reduce or move to medium heat until mushrooms get soft to the touch (mushrooms are brittle but when cooked the become more plyable). Keep warm.
- Scald cream, remove from heat, add cheese, and pepper, and place back on low heat and reduce until thick enough to cover the back of a spoon.
- Slice mushrooms 1/4 inch thick. Fan on a plate, cover with sauce, garnish with walnuts and a sprig of italian parsley.
- It was the biggest hit at our Italian food
fest, so we had to put it on our menu.