- Mary Whelan
- 2 oz (56 grm) instant Antiqua coffee
- 4 cups (950 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 fifth bourbon
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add sugar and coffee, and stir until dissolved.
- Let mixture cool.
- Add bourbon.
- Pour into two or more bottles.
- Cut vanilla bean into equal portions, one per bottle.
- Split bean portions lengthwise, and place one in each bottle.
- Cover tightly.
- Wait patiently for at least six weeks, then enjoy.
- My grandmother gave us this recipe. We had a
bottle that she made, but it's gone for years.
Maybe it's time to try it again. It was great in
coffee or drizzled over vanilla ice cream.