- Keri Cathey
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 4 cups (950 ml) sugar
- 2 oz (56 grm) (1 cup) instant coffee granules
- 2 cups (475 ml) vodka
- 6 oz (168 grm) to 8 oz (224 grm) real vanilla extract
- Bring water and sugar to a rolling boil in large pot.
- Stir and boil 2 minutes.
- Add coffee granules.
- Remove from heat, stir until well dissolved.
- Let cool completely.
- Add vodka and vanilla, stirring well.
- Bottle in dark bottles, and store tightly capped for 2 weeks before using.
- Use as you would the commercial variety.
- We like it this way: add 1 jigger Kahlua and 1 jigger half-n-half to a mug and fill with hot coffee. Heavenly!
- A perfectly wonderful replacement for expensive
store-bought coffee-flavored liqeuer.