Geri's Best Ever Homemade Caramel Corn
- Geri Caldwell
- 2 batches air-popped popcorn
- 1 Box Brown Sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light Karo Syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- Pop 2 batches air-popped popcorn (or enough to fill a greased aluminum roaster pan.)
- Melt and boil for 5 minutes, the brown sugar, butter and Karo syrup.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda.
- Stir until well blended.
- Pour over popcorn and mix until coated.
- Bake 1 hour at 250 degrees (125 C.), turning with spatula occasionally.
- My family requests this recipe for every family