Chicken and Shrimp a la Italiano
- 2 chicken breasts, boned and sliced
- 1 lb (.5 kg). shrimp, cleaned
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). red pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). oregano
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 large ribs celery, sliced
- 2 tsp (10 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml). lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- cooked spaghetti, linguini or rice
- In large skillet, melt margarine.
- In small dish combine salt, peppers, oregano and bay leaf.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces and shrimp with spice mixture.
- Saute chicken pieces in margarine until they are cooked.
- Scoop out chicken meat and set aside.
- Saute shrimp in remaining margarine until cooked.
- Scoop out shrimp and set aside.
- Saute garlic, onion, bell pepper and celery in same margarine.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and tomatoes.
- Return all ingredients to pan and simmer until warmed, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti, linguini or rice.
- No history. But this is my 19-year-old son's