- Keri Cathey
Serves/Makes:For a crowd
- 7 lbs (3.2 kg). abalone steaks
- Beaten eggs
- Cracker crumbs
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cube butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream
- 7 tsp (35 ml) lemon juice
- Bread 7 pounds of abalone steaks with egg and cracker crumbs.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Heat 1 cube butter in frying pan.
- Fry pieces until golden brown (about 1 minute on each side).
- When all pieces are fried, add cream and lemon juice.
- Cook until cream is all heated (about 30 seconds).
- Place in chafing dish and provide fondue forks or toothpicks.