Ricotta and Pancetta with Dandelion Greens
- For the Ricotta Pies:
- 2 oz (56 grm) pancetta
- 3-1/2 oz (98 grm) dandelion greens
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) ricotta cheese
- 1/3 oz (9.3 grm). poppy seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For buttering the bowls:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) bread crumbs
- 4 terracotta bowls that can hold about 7 oz (196 grm). each
- Cut the pancetta into small cubes, and fry until crisp in a skillet without adding oil or butter.
- Clean and wash the dandelion greens, then finely chop and blanch them.
- Grate the parmesan cheese.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and beat with a whisk.
- Add pancetta, greens, ricotta, and poppy seeds, and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Butter the terracotta bowls, then sprinkle them with bread crumbs.
- Pour the mixture into the bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (200 C.) oven, until the pies are puffed up and golden brown.
- Serve the ricotta pies at once in the bowls in which they were baked.