- Janos Rozsa
- 1 can of Escargot (24-36 large)
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) butter
- 4 cloves of garlic minced (use only 2 if you are new to garlic)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Italian or French bread
- Melt butter in saucepan until it bubbles.
- Add garlic, saute slowly until light brown (do not burn garlic!)
- Add thyme and escargot, saute on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add parsley and saute for 30 seconds.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crusty Italian or French bread or heated pita bread, for dipping in the sauce.
- A glass of dry white wine goes a long way with it.
- (Ed. - a good red wine goes equally as far )
- Great snack just before you start cooking your
dinner and cannot wait for hours...