Woodbridge Honey Glazed BBQ Chicken
- Woodbridge Vintage Barrel Chips
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Woodbridge Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup (225 ml) Woodbridge Vintage Barrel Chips
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix honey and wine. Rub 1/2 of mixture over chicken and set aside.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in the grill.
- When coals are heated to white, add the Woodbridge Vintage Barrel Chips. If the fire flares up mist the chips with water.
- For gas grills: Pre-heat grill for ten minutes on high. Lower heat to medium-high, then add chips, mist if necessary.
- When the chips start to smoke place the chicken, breast side down, on the cooking grid directly over the fire.
- Grill and sear for 5 minutes.
- Close grill lid and smoke for 15 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking process. Check for doneness, smoke until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from grill and cover with remaining honey/wine mixture.
- Serve with remaining Woodbridge Sauvignon Blanc if desired.
- Bon Appetit!