- 1 box phyllo dough
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). Swiss chard, fresh, destemmed, and chopped coarsely
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced garlic
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) toasted almonds, chopped, or toasted pinenuts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins or currants, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes, then chopped
- 3 oz (84 grm). goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). clarified butter
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- Put a few tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Cook shallot and garlic over low heat until soft.
- Add Swiss chard and saute briefly to get some of the moisture out.
- Take pan off the heat and add nuts, goatcheese and dried fruit.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill filling in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Layer 4 leaves of phyllo in square casserole (standard lasagne size); brush with melted butter. Add a thin layer of filling.
- Repeat until the filling is gone.
- When done layering, bake on middle rack 20 to 25 minutes.
- Keep your eye on it after 18 minutes - everyone's oven is different.
- Thought of this one just messing around in the
kitchen one day.