- 2 cups (475 ml) red current juice
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) sugar
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg) gooseberries
- Wash and stem gooseberries.
- Mix sugar and red current juice.
- Boil 5 minutes.
- Add Gooseberries.
- Boil 45 minutes, skim now and then.
- Set aside overnight.
- Drain off syrup and reserve.
- Pack berries into jars.
- Boil down syrup until it's "thick as honey."
- Pour over the berries.
- Seal jars.
- Our people are Swedish. Never made jam in my
life. Can't remember ever having this jam.
Always liked Gooseberry Pie myself but couldn't
find that recipe. Hope this recipe makes some
sense to you.