Cinnamon Apple-Squash Casserole
- 1 medium butternut squash, strings and seed removed, sliced thinly
- 4 medium apples, peeled and sliced thin (Granny Smith hold up well during baking)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cloves
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ginger
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) butter
- Butter or spray a casserole dish.
- In the bottom place slices of squash.
- Add slices of apples atop squash.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, spices, and nuts. Dot apples with butter and sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Continue layering squash and apples, ending with spices.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake covered in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- Enjoy :o). Your house will smell so wonderful!