- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) white flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Mix butter and sugar until well blended.
- Work in the flour and salt.
- If the dough is too dry, add 1 to 2 Tbsp (30 ml). more butter.
- 1/2 Roll inch thick on a slightly floured board.
- Cut into rectangles approx. 3/4 inch by 2 inch.
- Prick each rectangle twice with the tines of a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 18-20 minutes.
- Traditional Scotch shortbread -- it tastes just
like the real authentic Walker's brand that
comes in the cool plaid package.