- I cut it out of a magazine - years ago
Serves/Makes:32 thin slices
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) candied red cherries, cut in quarters (1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) candied pineapple, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) pitted dates, coarsely snipped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) all purpose flour
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) coursely chopped pecans (1 pound shelled)
- 4 ounces flaked coconut (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees (125 C.).
- Grease and flour 9 inch by 3 inch tube pan with removable bottom; set pan aside.
- Combine fruit in large bowl. Sprinkle with flour; toss to coat well.
- Add pecans and coconut; toss to mix.
- Add milk; stir to mix well.
- Spoon evenly into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Remove from pan. Wrap tightly in foil.
- Refrigerate at least 2 weeks.
- Cake cuts best when cold. Slice VERY thin with serrated knife.
- This has become a tradition in my house. I make
it Thanksgiving weekend...and serve it on
Christmas...and also give small loaves of it on