Patti's Hickory-Smoke Barbecued Steak
- Patti Kean - dietician
- 2 8 oz (224 grm) tender top sirloin steaks (other types of steak can be substituted but certainly use a tender steak)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) your favorite regular barbecue sauce
- 4 drops of hickory smoke flavoring
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). seasoned pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine
- Mince garlic.
- Mix all ingredients well in large baking dish.
- Marinate steaks in mixture for 1 1/2 hours then place on hot barbecue.
- Do not over cook steak as this will make it tough. (If it's to be well done, make it "just" well done.)
- Serve with sauteed mushrooms over top, baked potatoes and fresh caesar salad.
- Bon appetit!
- A simple Canadian standard barbecue recipe that
will impress your friends and can be made in