- Michelle Leiby
- 1 lb (.5 kg). elbow macaroni
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bacon
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). American cheese
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). oil
- 1 soup can of milk
- Fry bacon into crispy (not burnt) pieces; drain on a napkin.
- Boil water.
- Add oil and macaroni and cook until done.
- In medium sauce pan, add tomato soup, milk, and cheese, and stir until thick. Do not boil. Keep at least 6 or 7 pieces of cheese for the top of the casserole.
- Once macaroni is done, drain well and put into a 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Break up bacon into pieces and mix into the macaroni.
- Add the soup mixture and stir, making sure the macaroni is even in the pan and the soup is evenly distributed.
- Lay remaining pieces of cheese over macaroni.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted over the top.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes to set.
- Serve with a salad.
- My Grandmother introduced this to me almost 25
years ago and I've shared it with many friends.
My entire family makes this recipe and we all