- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). cheese or squash filled pasta
- 1/2 stick butter(or 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil)
- 1/3 lb (.2 kg). fresh spinach-stemmed and washed
- 4 oz (112 grm) dried morel mushrooms - soaked in warm water 20 min. then rinsed
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) minced garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1 small head radicchio - shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated greyere cheese
- 2 large spanish onions - slivered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh thyme - minced
- Melt butter in a large frypan over medium or medium high heat.
- Add slivered onions and brown sugar.
- Cook for at least 15 minutes, stirring frequently - you want the onions an even golden brown no black spots.
- Add morel mushrooms and thyme. Cook 5 minutes more. (you might want to add a little bit of water or stock to get the carmelized sugars off the bottom of the pan.)
- Take the pan off heat.
- Next, cook your pasta.
- Toss pasta with onion mixture.
- Add greens and cheeses, toss.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- One of my better experiments...Really easy and