- Robert Hacker
- 2 packages graham crackers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margerine, melted
- 3 8 oz (224 grm). packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 16 oz (448 grm). sour cream
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Press into bottom of 9 inch by 4 inch springform pan.
- Set aside.
- Place 1 package cream cheese and 1 egg into large mixer bowl.
- Beat on low speed to combine.
- Repeat with the remaining cream cheese and eggs.
- Increase mixer speed to medium.
- Add granulated sugar.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Pour into prepared springform pan.
- Bake in center of oven at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 50 to 60 minutes (until top of cake is light brown).
- Remove cake from oven.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Cake will fall a little.
- Combine sour cream and condensed milk.
- Pour over cake.
- Bake additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- To make this a chocolate cheesecake:
- Add 4 tbsp (60 ml) cocoa to the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake as directed above.
- When completely cooled (overnight), sprinkle top of cheesecake with miniature chocolate chips.
- You can also use chocolate graham crackers in the crust.
- People tell me this is the best cheesecake they
have ever eaten. They say it is even better
than New York cheesecakes.