Shark Steak in a Tangy Raspberry Sauce
- Michelle Wilmore
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). blue shark
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) balsmic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter
- Cut shark into three pieces.
- Mix in a bowl 1/2 cup (125 ml) of flour with salt and pepper.
- Wash shark, and pat dry.
- Heat frying pan with a little olive oil.
- Dredge shark into flour mixture and place into pan.
- Cook for only about four minutes per side, then remove from pan, cover and set aside.
- Heat butter in sauce pan.
- Add 2 tbsp (30 ml). of flour and brown.
- In a cup, mix balsmic vinegar and wine, then add the mixture to the sauce pan and slowly stir on low heat.
- Lastly stir in raspberries.
- Slowly stir on low heat until sauce thickens, remove from stove and serve.
- Serve shark with a little sauce on top.
- I have made this recipe quite a few times, it is
absolutely delicious! It also does not have a