- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) white pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) ketchup
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 tsp (3 ml) finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 lb (.5 kg) (20 to 25) fresh raw shrimp cleaned
- 8 green onions, each cut into 3 (2 inch) pieces
- 2 lemons, each cut into 6 slices, then cut in half
- 12 (6 inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water 20 minutes
- Place skewers in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Prepare grill; heat until coals are ash white.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan, cook over low heat until butter is melted.
- On each skewer place 1 shrimp, 1 green onion piece, 1 lemon piece, 1 shrimp and 1 green onion piece.
- Brush with sauce thoroughly, place on grill, brushing with sauce and turning frequently, until shrimp turn pink (about 6 to 10 minutes.)
- Big crowd pleaser terrific flavor use as
appetizer or as main dish.