- Belinda Williams, Fort Collins, CO
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) pumpkin (preferably fresh - instructions follow)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) condensed milk or cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cardimom
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cloves
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) rum
- Pie crust shell
- Stove top method:
- Fill pot portion of double boiler 1/3 full of water and set to boil.
- In the bowl (top portion) mix together all ingredients except the rum.
- Stir with wire wisk in double boiler until thick.
- Add rum and stir 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour filling into pre-baked pie crust.
- Let cool, top as desired and serve.
- Microwave method:
- Mix together the pumpkin, eggs, milk, sugar, and spices in microwave safe glass bowl.
- Heat in microwave on high for 12 minutes, stirring well every 2 minutes.
- For final 2 minute interval, add the rum and stir well.
- Pour into pre-baked pie crust and let cool.
- Top as you like and serve.
- I wrote it from my head....I chose ingredients I
felt would go well together and did my best to
create the masterpiece it has become. I
originally developed the idea when I raised
pumpkins and decided I wanted to make pies of