- 1 3 oz (84 grm). package cream cheese (low fat)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cumin
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped cooked chicken
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (reduced fat)
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz (224 grm). sour cream (low or non fat)
- fajita seasoning, to taste
- **Low-/non-fat ingredients do not have a negative impact on the taste because of spices.
- refried beans and spanish rice, serving suggestion
- Fry or bake chicken, season with fajita seasoning.
- In bowl, combine cream cheese, milk, salt & cumin.
- Add chicken and stir until well combined.
- Spoon chicken mix into tortillas and roll up.
- Place filled tortillas seam side down into greased baking dish.
- In bowl combine soup, sour cream, and a splash of milk.
- Pour mixture over chicken and sprinkle with some of the cheese.
- Cover with foil, bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese, return to oven for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with refried beans and spanish rice.
- Can be made a day ahead. After baking, it can be frozen and reheated.
- Best thing I got out of dating a guy in college,
his mom gave me this receipe. You can use "full
fat" ingredients or low-/non-fat ones; either one
tastes great. Original recipe claims 6 servings;
I've found one batch pretty much does 2-4 folks,
depends how many enchiladas you want.
Very naughty and very good!
Pairs well with White Zinfandel wine.