- A. Hollis
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup (225 ml) bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) ketchup
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill chicken until partially done.
- While chicken is grilling mix the other ingredients.
- Brush chicken with a thin coating of glaze.
- Continue to baste when turning chicken.
- Watch chicken carefully to ensure that the glaze does not burn.
- (For stronger flavor, marinate the chicken in the whiskey mixture for a couple of hours - ed.)
- I don't remember where I found it.
(It may have been on CompuServe.) Bone-in
chicken is better than boneless for this recipe.