- Rich tasting chicken dish
- Dawn Lyons (Dawson)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 strips of bacon
- 4 slices of American or cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can of milk
- salt, pepper and parsley
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of cheese.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each chicken breast (in an X formation).
- Place in a casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the soups and the milk.
- Pour mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle on salt, pepper and parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
- Soups can be used like a gravy.
- You can substitute ham for bacon - just place a pile of ham on top of the chicken and cheese.
- Favorite recipe of the Dawson's in Kentucky -
Created by Tracey MacDonald (Dawson).